Monday, August 9, 2010

Last Day of My Contest

All good things must come to an end, it's true.

But when one thing ends the WriteOnCon begins!

Tonight will be the last time I check for points for my contest the Writing Triathlon. I had an opportunity to meet some great writers who not only participated in my contest but supported my husband through his Ironman with their comments. Thank you for that!

The WriteOnCon is already turning out to be a great way for me to meet other writers through the introductions and the forums. If you haven't signed up for this event, go do it now! It starts tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've tallied the scores from the contest and the top three winners are so close that today's points could really make a difference in who gets first place.

Tina Lee leads with 32 points
Heather is coming in second with 28 points
Kelly is third with 27 points

Ladies, you can up your point status before the end of the day by heading over to Elana Johnson's blog to let her know which picture to choose for her book cover, then go over to Heather's blog to post your total written and revised words, stop in at Tina's Practice Room, or make a comment here for additional points. Good Luck everyone!

So, the last two weeks have been so crazy with the completion of James' Ironman and then my daughter's 8th birthday party, that I haven't even posted the prizes. Now that I'm getting it together, here are the prizes:


1st Place: A $20 Gift Card to Barnes & Noble






2nd & 3rd Place: The choice of one of three books lovingly blogged about on Elana Johnson's Blog : (hopefully when you click on the books they will take you to the bn website description of each).















I feel like chanting and pounding my fists now...WRITEONCON!!! WRITEONCON!!! WRITEONCON!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Tina, Heather and Kelly!
    It's great to see you guys put efforts into your passion for writing. Hope you all enjoy your prizes!

    ReplyDelete