Sunday, February 20, 2011

It Was Definitely a Challenge!

It's not easy putting together a post that has to be less than 300 words and incorporate one lie, one secret, one interesting quirk, one annoying habit, one of my best character traits, one of my favorite things in the whole world and include the following words: bloviate, fuliguline, rabbit, and blade. It was definitely a challenge. Check out how other Crusaders fared in this First Crusader Challenge by going HERE.

Now for my version of the challenge:

I don’t live in high society but some of my bloviating neighbors think we do. When I shave my head to support my mother’s fight against cancer those same neighbors might think I’m doing it for unwarranted attention. They don’t get me. I would warn them but what’s the point? A little shock value goes a long way in this world. I’m quirky like that.

I’m not sure what my husband will think because I haven’t discussed it with him yet. I imagine he’ll say, “Fuliguline, Patty! You’re freaking bald!” He’ll get over it. He gets me.

I live in a cul-de-sac outsiders call The Cul-De-Sac which is just off of the street all of us inside The Cul-de-Sac call The Straight Street. My house is three doors down from The Hanger House; a blade of misfortune in my opinion. I like it here. We all bred like rabbits and now when my three kids go outside there are thirty other kids for them to play with.

Last year I stopped going outside. It would be rude for me to blame it on my neighbors, so I won’t. I’m just going to say I don’t enjoy hearing my neighbor say he measured a quarter-cup of water pouring into the gutter from our backyard every hour and wants to know what we’re going to do about it.

I’m not sure why but I’ve found that dancing to the beat of my own drummer annoys people. That’s why I started blending recently. I’m not sure why I’ve never done this before. It’s relaxing. However, I think that means I’m going to have to give up driving my favorite pink car around if I want to truly blend in. Having a good sense of humor about the trivial aspects of life is probably my best trait.

I may have revealed something about me that isn’t strictly true. Can you guess what it is?

30 comments:

  1. Hmmm... tricky...

    It's either the part about staying in the house... Or... The blending.

    I'm leaning towards the latter. You don't seem like a blender...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I have followed your blog long enough to know that you do a HUGE Halloween thing with your neighbors, I don't think you've now taken to staying indoors! Hi Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun read, Patty. I liked this a lot. You held my attention the entire time. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry. Well done. My guess is the either the neighbor thing or the pink car. And I just can't pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to say the lie would be not going outside. Since earlier in the post you said you liked where you lived.

    I on the other hand wish for different neighbors, the creepy guy next door just stands at the fence staring at me. Time for 7ft. wooden fence. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like a radical lady. I'm thinking the lie lies somewhere between not emerging from your house for a year and driving around in a pink car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still laughing at how you used fugiline! Hilarious. Oh man. What is the lie. I'm going with J.L. and the pink car, but wouldn't that be soooo wicked.
    Fun. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure that you actually would submit to "blending." You are too much your own self. Rah, rah for pink cars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tough one, but I think the lie is either staying inside the house or deciding to blend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I'm in group 10 with you. Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm guess you don't really stay indoors all the time [g] I like the idea of blending...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, we're in the same crusader group. I looked for you and somehow I thought I saw you in a different group. Bad eyes I guess. Anyway, you go outside (I know you order a lot of stuff online to avoid going out, but you go out) ... so that's the lie.

    I need to see a pic when you shave your head!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You don't have a pink car?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job! And I'm guessing you don't have a pink car.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think you're blending in and you shouldn't have to! You go, girl. See you around the crusade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Patricia...do you really have a pink car? Saweet if you do! And we are in the same Crusade group now! This is going to be awesome! (Group 10 rocks)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just from the little bit I learned about you I'm going to say the blending part is the lie.☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess not going outside? But it's tough.
    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm guessing you're not keen on the blending... and haven't tried to. :-) Good one! Tough to spot the lie...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha, this is great! Pink car, blending... Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job! I soooo relate to the neighborhood. I have three kids of my own. I'm guessing pink car.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there - I'm a fellow Group 10er, stopping by to say "hi!"

    I'm going to guess you haven't really stopped going outside.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to guess the lie is going outside. But it was tricky. Looking forward to finding out what it really is :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay you for shaving your head (I bet that's not the lie :)) The lie might be the quarter-cup of water, it's more like 1/8th... teehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello fellow crusader! I am a tad bit late, so I just thought I would just say Hi! :D

    You've really made it hard to pick what's the fib! I'm going to have to go with "my neighbor say he measured a quarter-cup of water pouring into the gutter from our backyard every hour and wants to know what we’re going to do about it."

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wish I had a fun, quirky neighbor like you....


    Be sure to put sun screen on your head.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I love your entry ~ :) The fuliguline line is awesome! Hmmm...I'm going to go with - you still talk to the neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can sympathize with the neighbor thing, but I don't think you've stopped going outside altogether. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi. I’m one of Rachael Harrie’s judges for the First Crusader Challenge. I know the good book says, Judge not, that you be not judged, but it’s for a Rach, so I’m making an exception.

    Anyway, I'm just letting you know, you have been shortlisted in this part of the judging. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post! I love the part - "we all bred like rabbits." Hee.

    PS - I gave you an award on my blog, fellow group-ten-ner!

    http://alisonmiller20.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-and-contests-and-conferences-oh.html

    ReplyDelete