Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rach Writes and Has An Awesome Crusade

I'm a Crusader.

I might not be an excellent Crusader (there were things I missed and times I spent away) but I'm a Crusader all the same.

Are you a Crusader?

What's that you say? Oh, okay, let me back up a bit and include some linkage.

A Crusader is a writerly blogger who has stumbled upon Rachael Harrie at Rach Writes and has noticed that she leads the most awesome Writer's Platform Building Crusade in the world. I'm not exaggerating.

Crusaders sign up and meet other Crusaders who vow to support each other in the blogging and writing community by way of comments.

Personally, I've met some of the nicest people in the blogging community this way.

I thought maybe I was going to skip the second round of crusading because I recently found out my mom is suffering from Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer and life has become somewhat overwhelming. However, the first round of Crusaders have been so supportive during this fragile time of my life that how could I pass up the opportunity to be part of this amazing community again?

I didn't REALLY feel like a blogger until the first round of Crusading. I would be completely lost and feeling left out if I didn't join again.

I'm a Crusader. That's who I WANT to be. Where do you fit in? Where do you belong? YOU BELONG WITH THE CRUSADERS! NOW GET YOUR BUTT OVER THERE AND SIGN UP.

Happy Writing, Writers! Can't wait to make your aquaintance soon.

18 comments:

  1. This was a good post. I enjoyed reading it. Happy Writing to you, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while I don't join these things, I absolutely loved the energy with which you wrote this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Patricia! Yay, I also signed up for the Crusade :) Man, what a turn out. I didn't make it last year, but this year it seems like a big hit. It should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm aways up for a good CRUSADE.

    Rach is great! Who wouldn't want to join her.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, fellow crusader, as someone who raised three kids, "I hear you." (Referring to your profile.)Some people told me that raising four was easier than three, but three put me over the edge, and I wasn't taking any chances! They do grow up, and overall, of course, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping by to say "hey" to a fellow Crusader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean about not feeling like a blogger unitl taking part in the first Crusade. So, 'hello' fellow Cruader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your, Mom. That's terrible. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this time.

    I follow Rach, but missed crusading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay to the crusade! Good to meet you--and looking forward to following your journey. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new crusader. I think what she has done to get everyone together is wonderful and I am grateful to be able to be a part of it this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm a new crusader stopping by to say hi and follow. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new crusader stopping by to say hello! :) I have three little kids as well and they are a handful!! Love them to pieces though. I write YA fantasy and paranormal as well! Love it! I'm excited to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Patricia, it's great you're joining in the Crusade again, lovely to have you back :) I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, I really hope she's doing ok.

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete