Saturday, July 24, 2010

The First Line of Inspiration

I think eight is a lucky number because it represents infinity; no ending lines.

Today marks 8 days to the starting lineup for James' triathlon.

If you just got here, my husband is getting ready to do his first Ironman Triathlon (2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, and a 26-mile marathon). I started a Writing Triathlon to honor my husband's dream finally coming to fruition. I, too, hope my dream of getting published comes true by means of the same type of dedication and perseverence my husband has used to train for this race.

And now we have come up with 8 sayings that will hopefully inspire James during his potentially 15 hour race (he has 17 hours to finish and hoping for better than 15)

The first inspirational saying is -


A GOAL IS A DREAM WITH A DEADLINE


May you all have a goal in mind and the perseverance to set the deadline.


My Writing Triathlon got off to a great start. It's not too late to join in.


Here are the stats so far:


Tina - Current points leader with 20 points. (Got an excellent boost of 5 points from mentioning my contest on her blog. Thank you for that.)


Heather - Isn't far behind with a solid 17 points.


Kelly - In the running with 14 points.

Dena and Krystalyn both started following me just as the contest was getting under way but may not be sure if they are playing. If you want to play then you could still be in the running for top three prizes. Find out more about the points.



(I sometimes miss The Practice Room because of my West coast schedule. If I can't get in the room I give everyone points for that day anyway. The Practice Room yields 2 points per day because you could get in there a few times a day.)

4 comments:

  1. WOW! WAY TO GO WRITERS, WAY TO GET INTO THE RACE! MAY YOU ALL PERSEVERE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the time this AM to learn a little more about each of you competitors.

    It was amazing to see the level of creativity that resides in this room. It made me realize that all of you would continue to be writers regardless if you ever had a chance to be published.


    Heather = WIBIJ (large amount of comments from peoplem)
    Krystalyn = Spirit World (had to google this one)
    Kelly = Camping writer
    Tina = Watch me practice
    Patty = Entangled

    Congratulations for your passion and commitment. Since my wife has been is sharing some sayings, below is one you should all enjoy.

    ~ When work, commitment, and pleasure all become one and you reach that deep well where passion lives, nothing is impossible. ~

    Have a great day.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! So exciting!

    Hey, I'd love to hear times that work the best for you, Patty. I would certainly consider it when I set the schedule. I know that our time zones make getting together the hardest thing on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina - Thank you for such a sweet comment. No need to change the times. I'll be able to meet the schedule when the kids are back in school.

    ReplyDelete