Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Writing Triathlon Contest

A GREAT BIG thank you to the hosts of The Practice Room, Tour De Writing, and Elana Johnson for allowing me to link up my events to their blogs.

If you have just arrived, you are right on time! I am hosting a Writing Ironman Triathlon. Only you don't have to swim 2.4 miles, or ride your bike for 112 miles, and then finish with a marathon of 26 miles.

UPDATE!!!

Elana is on vacation right now, but that doesn't mean you can't put a comment on her blog everyday. If you've already commented on what she left us with, maybe add something new and interesting.

Check out the full details here.

GOOD NEWS!!!

All of the times I've made it out to my husband's triathlon's with three kids in tow, has finally paid off. My husband has agreed to be the cow bell in this contest.


My husband's name is James. He will be cheering me, you, and everyone on in the comments.



My sister, and number one fan, has agreed to be the poster holding cheermeister. She will be leaving supportive comments in all caps. Look for her comments. Her name is Regina.





POINTS
I am giving 1 point for each comment left on the blogs of each of the events. REMEMBER: the comments have to be solely about the posts on each of the blogs and have nothing to do with my contest.

BONUS POINTS
Get 5 points extra for mentioning my contest on your blog. Let me know you did this in my comments. This is a great way to rack up points if you are feeling behind because you can't make it into The Practice Room or forgot to leave comments in the other events.

You can get 2 extra points if I catch your comment on any of the blogs that are directly associated with Elana Johnson, i.e. QueryTracker, What Writer's Read, WriteOnCon. (am I missing any?)

If you've done all these things and let me know about it in my comments, I will give an extra point for each comment.

GOAL?
To stay motivated on your writing projects through the summertime. I know I need it. Summer gets way busy and leaves hardly any time for writing and revising. Plus, for those of us heading over to the WriteOnCon in August, don't we have a lot to get in order from now until then?

TODAY
I fell short on my writing yesterday because of hectic schedule. Today, I want to get at least 2,200 words revised in my WIP. I would really love to make it over to The Practice Room during the chat sessions and I'm missing Elana, who is on vacation, so I'm going to stop by her blog and let her know I miss her.

PRIZE UPDATE TO COME
(I will be giving away three books. Which ones should I give away? hmmm!)

10 comments:

  1. Heather's is the Tour De Writing! I've been gone and didn't know it was happening at her blog! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay. It's like a BOGO. You play her game and automatically you are playing my game. Play on players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about your ocntest, because I frequent those places already! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,

    Great to see your postings online today.
    BTW - I checked out your blog, it looks like you family had a blast on your RV vacation. I definately want to make to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse someday.

    Keep it up.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright Babe (AKA Patty).

    You had a great day revising 5,736 words today.
    Tomorrow will be busy with the kids, movie day at Edwards Theater. Hopefully, they will nap afterwards so that you can get some more revising in.

    :)

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  6. WRITE ON KELLY, 2000 WORDS WHILE TRAVELLING!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PATTY, YOUR AWESOME! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea of turn around--James' cheering you on!! That HAS got to happen in my family too. I am revising too. I will for sure keep track of your progress--keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT JOB, TINA! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ON THE REVISIONS - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina - LOL! You have no idea how long I've waited to receive the type of cheering section I've provided for James and Regina's races. Writers need a lot of encouragement to keep plugging along, thank goodness we at least have like-minded bloggers, like each other to help pick us up and remind us of our goals.

    Regina - THANKS FOR DOING THIS! YOU ARE A GREAT POSTER GIRL. KEEP UP YOUR HARD WORK. YOU'LL GET TO THAT MARATHON ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER.

    James - Thanks for the support. I am getting pumped for your race! I can hear the cowbells now.

    ReplyDelete